Saturday, January 17, 2015

New Year New WORDS.....

Last year I put out a challenge to readers to embrace the idea of having five words to focus on.  These five words were to take the place of writing down resolutions that we likely will not successfully fulfill.  One of the most important things for me this year is to make sure I am always living in the moment.  Along with that I started thinking about what my five words would be and how they would revolve around the idea of "living in the moment."  So with that let me share my words with you.


1.  RENEW
2.  RESISTANCE
3.  RELAX
4.  REVERENCE
5.  RECOGNITION


The first three words came to me rather quickly at the beginning of 2015.  The other two not so quickly.  In fact those words jumped off the pages to me today.   I picked up the book "There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem" by Wayne Dyer at the library on Wednesday.  The word REVERENCE jumped out immediately.  I thought it was interesting that over 10 days prior, I had three "R" words picked out.  I was just waiting for the other two.  God works in amazing ways and gave me reverence and recognition.


This year is going to be a year to RENEW.  I am going to work on renewing my mind, body and spirit.  Starting the year with a new job bring about a sense of renewal.  I have also made efforts to RENEW my body.  I have lost 15 lbs since July.  I am getting the T-25 exercise program and my husband committed to do it with me!  It said on the infomercial that I would have a beach body in 10 weeks lol.  I am not looking much for the beach body but I need a renewed mind, body and spirit.  Also during my last few months at JFS I was completely broken.  This year with a new job and new self-employment opportunities and a renewed sense of purpose, RENEW is a perfect word for 2015.


In 2015 I am going to work on RESISTANCE.  I will focus on myself and know that God gave me this body to care for while I am in it.  I will resist temptation.  I am also stronger in 2015.  In so many ways I am stronger mentally, physically and spiritually.  My efforts to resist will pay off.  Along with this I will work on controlling my immediate gratification through resistance.  RESISTANCE is defined as " the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding." My efforts to resist and withstand will be in my everyday thoughts in 2015.


Because I am always someone who can't say no (which I am working on).  I am going to take opportunities in 2015 to RELAX.   I am going to have days in which I do nothing.  I always think I need to fill every minute of every day with something.  However the act of doing nothing can be so healing.  I am going to stop doing things that I feel pressured to do.  I am gong to breathe.  I am going to RELAX and that my friends is okay.  


REVERENCE is defined in the book “There is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem” as "Communing quietly with God."  In the encyclopedia reverence is defined as a humbling of the self in respectful recognition of something perceived to be greater than the self.   Communing with God will be an important part of 2015.  Communing quietly is about having silence to reflect on and about listening to God speak.  


My last word is RECOGNITION.  I am challenged to recognize and enjoy the small things.  I am challenged to recognize that I alone make the choice to be happy.  It is not about my circumstances.  It is about my attitude around those circumstances. We need to stop and recognize and appreciate the simple idea that we have heat in our home on days when it is zero outside.  I have a Geranium that is budding on January 17th….  that is RECOGNITION.  It is possible to see beauty all around us.  We just need to take the time to recognize such beauty.  

My challenge for you is to think about five words that you can focus on in 2015.  


Just to recap mine…  I am challenged and encouraged to take time to RELAX and find inner peace.  I will have RECOGNITION of the beauty all around me.  I will RENEW my mind, body and spirit.  I will RESIST temptation and show REVERENCE by listening to the higher power.  


Let YOUR five words guide your path.  Remember it is your path alone.  Take it to where it may lead and find the joy in the journey.  










No comments:

Post a Comment